Saturday, August 4, 2007

Steak Tartare Update

For those waiting for my report from Paris, I apologize for the delay. I've had some surprisingly good family news recently and have actually been distracted from le tartare.

I will go into larger detail later this week about my weekend in Paris.

For now I will just say that the last weekend in July and probably the whole month of August are horrible times to seek out small bistro style joints as they are either on, or in the process of going on holiday.

For example Le Severo was out of steak tartare all day, their last day before holiday.

Several of the places on my list were closed already.

In case anyone browses through before I have a chance to write a detailed report, you have to try this place:

Bistro Paul Bert
18, rue Paul Bert, 11e, Tel: (+33) 1 43 72 24 01

and for the love of God stay away from here:

Le Cafe du Commerce
51, rue due Commerce, 15e, Tel: (+33) 1 45 75 03 27
Sufice to say my tartare was swimming in worcestershire sauce.

more to come...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had a tartare at Le cafe du commerce. It was good, not amazing but a good regular tartare.
The thing I really didn't like was the staff: typical rude French garcon de café (I know what I'm talking about, I'm French)!! So even if the good was fine, I don't think I will ever go back to this place. It's very sad, people don't understant the power of word-of-mouth.

Nice blog, great idea:)